Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler PT Cruiser: I have a Chrysler 2001 PT Cruiser. The

Customer Question

I have a Chrysler 2001 PT Cruiser. The high side line is freezing up and the low side line isn't getting cold at all. I replaced the line with the orfice tube in it, took a vacuum, and attempted recharging the system. I can't get a reading on the low side (biggest line) and the high side (smallest line) isn't pressuring up very high. The system is short cycling. Could this be a bad compressor or something else?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing dose sound like you may have a bad compressor, the high side line should not be getting cold at all and actually should be hot. Install your gauges and read the pressure while the compressor is running. Normal pressure on a properly working compressor should be 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and 200 to 225 on the high side. Check your pressure and post back with the results and we can work from there.