Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler Town and Country: 2005 Chrysler T&C. When it is hot

Customer Question

2005 Chrysler T&C. When it is hot outside, turn the vehicle off, then when try and restart, it seems to vapor lock. Let sit 5 minutes, sometimes an hour and it will restart. Any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.My name is ***** ***** you described could be caused by a few reasons. We have seen plenty of problems with Crankshaft and Camshaft position sensors on these models before. They could work intermittently especially when hot so the engine control module may not receive crank or cam reference signal and without these signal it just won't trigger the ignition coil or injectors resulting in "engine cranks but won't start". It usually should set a trouble code within the engine computer( PCM) so it is worth to check you vehicle for trouble codes.It is possible but unlikely that you have a problem with Idle air control valve. I never experienced a vapor lock on fuel injected cars.