sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Sebring JXi (Convertible): Okay, bill I was trying

Customer Question

Okay, bill I was trying to enter my paypal number and must have closed out the wrong window So, I am back. This is Doug and have a 2000 sebring conv. that spins - won't start. I have replaced several parts including the distributor but I suspect the fuel pump...even though I hear it when I turn the key. I did initially get a code that indicated low fuel pressure bank 1.

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's possible that the fuel pump could be running and not developing enough pressure to start the engine but you may also be missing spark. A failed crank sensor would be the most likely cause for lost spark if the distributor has been replaced.
An adapter to allow a fuel pressure gauge to the line's quick connect would be needed to check fuel pressure.
The first thing I would recommend is determining if it's spark or fuel you're missing. You can see if it will run on carb cleaner sprayed into the throttle body while the engine is cranking, or remove a plug wire and see if there is spark while cranking the engine. If it has spark or runs on carb cleaner then you'll need to test fuel pressure.