Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler Town & Country Touring: The 3rd row of my 09 t&c

Customer Question

The 3rd row of my 09 t&c is electronic stow n go. The smaller seat is stuck with back down against the seat so it is unuseable. It will stow away but will not raise the seat back in the upright position. Is the software update i have seen related to this problem?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.

Yes the Software Update & testing, via Dealer Scan Tool, needs to be done prior to any Repairs

.

SPECIAL TOOLS/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:

REPAIR PROCEDURE - USING THE INTERNET TO RETRIEVE THE FLASH FILE:

NOTE :The StarMOBILE(TM) in standalone mode can be used for the flash.

NOTE :Before performing this Repair Procedure, the operating software in the StarSCAN(R); must be programmed with software release level 9.04 or higher.

The software release level is visible in the blue header at the top of the StarSCAN(R) screen.

NOTE :The StarSCAN(R) diagnostic scan tool fully supports Internet connectivity. However, to take advantage of this feature you must first configure the StarSCAN(R) for your dealership's network. Make sure the StarSCAN(R) is configured to the dealership's network before proceeding. For instruction on setting up your StarSCAN(R) for the dealer's network refer to either:

"DealerCONNECT > Service > StarSCAN and StarMOBILE tools > Online Documentation", or refer to the StarSCAN(R) Quick Start Networking Guide. The StarSCAN(R) Quick Start Networking Guide is also available on the website under the "Download Center".

NOTE :If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.

1.Install a battery charger and verity that the charging rate provides approximately 13.5 volts. Set the battery charger to continuous charge. Do not allow the charger to time out during the flash process. Remove the charger from the battery when the flash process is complete.

2.Connect the CH9410 StarSCAN(R) ethernet cable to the StarSCAN(R) and the dealer's network drop.

3.Connect the CH9404D StarSCAN(R) vehicle cable to the StarSCAN(R) and the vehicle data link connector (DLC).

4.Power ON the StarSCAN(R).

5.Turn the ignition switch on.

6.Select "ECU View"

7.Touch the screen to highlight the FSM in the list of modules.

8.Select "More Options"

9.Select "FSM Flash".

10.Record the "Part Number" displayed on the "Flash FSM" screen for later reference.

11.Select "Browse for New File". Follow the on screen instructions.

12.Highlight the listed FSM calibration.

13.Select "Download to Scantool".

14.Select "Close" after the download is complete then select "Back".

15.Select "Update Controller". Follow the on screen instructions.

16.When the FSM update is complete select "OK".

17.Verity that the part number changed at the top of the "Flash FSM" screen.

18.Verity proper operation of the Third Row Power Seat feature.

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.