Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My odometer is blank on 2001 town & country

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vipertech replied 1 year ago.
Evening, I need for you to perform a self test on the cluster. If the cluster odometer lights up during the test then the cluster should be fine. If still does not light up then the cluster will need to be replaced. Here is a link to a video that I made that shows how to perform the self test. Let me know the out come. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOS6XmPoM-w
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cluster is fine. What should I do next.
Expert:  Vipertech replied 1 year ago.
If you ran the self test as I described and the digital portion of the odometer lit up properly then the basic functions of the cluster are in good working order. It very rare that the odometer only doesnt work. I highly recommend having a scanner that access the body controller and instrument cluster to check for codes. The mileage is stored in the body control module and there could be an issue there or still a cluster internal issue related to the odometer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The scanner listed one code P1717. No comm with Instr cluster. What next?
Expert:  Vipertech replied 1 year ago.
You need to clear the code and then restart to see if the code returns. You also need to make sure you can access the cluster with the scanner. Also...what module was the code p1717 found in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Code was cleared, then returned. P1717 found in TCM $ 18. How do I access cluster with scanner? What next?
Expert:  Vipertech replied 1 year ago.
To access the cluster you need a scanner that can go into each module on the car. It takes a high dollar scanner to do this. Not all scanners can access items such as the cluster, sliding door modules, etc. Here are the steps attached for checking the code p1717.