sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Town & Country: My Ghent blower motor will not

Customer Question

My Ghent blower motor will not turn on in my 2008 Chrysler town and country. I replaced the blower motor and resistor. The problem persists
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem is either going to be the TIPM (module/fuse box under the hood), wiring, or the control head. A control head issue w0udln't be as likely.
The first thing you'll need to do is determine whether it's power or ground that the motor is missing and go from there. Ground is supplied through the resistor from the control head, power from the TIPM.
If you find no power at the blower motor then you'll need to check for power leaving the TIPM. If there is power leaving the TIPM then you have an open circuit in between, if there is no power leaving then the TIPM would be the issue.
I've seen quite a few corrosion issues at the TIPM on this circuit. The TIPM and connector with the blower motor circuit may need to be replaced due to corrosion.