Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler town and country: replaced alternator and battery.

Customer Question

replaced alternator and battery. still overcharging. any thoughts? 2012 Chrysler town and country, 3.6l with 55K miles.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.The Charging System uses a (EVR) Electronic Voltage Regulator, Internal to the (PCM) Powertrain Control Module.IF after Replacing the Alternator & Battery, it is likely the PCM is causing the Overcharge issueUse of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test & Program, as there is no Customer Input without use of Scan Toolapprx 1 hour laborThe charging system is turned on and off with the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and ignition switch with engine running. The field circuit will not be energized until engine is running and ignition switch is on. This voltage is connected through the PCM and supplied to the generator field circuit at the back of the generator. The generator is internally grounded through the generator case ground. The generator regulates the field using Pin 1 of the field connector (High side driver)..IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..