Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I checked the number 4 position fuse as the technician asked

Customer Question

I checked the number 4 position fuse as the technician asked and it was fine. What next?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I am finding no record of a previous conversation so if you can explain what type of problem you are having I will try and help you get it resolved. Please include all the details and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron your help did not immediately or directly put me on to the solution and I don't know if I will have any more questions on this topic. It did however lead me to know what is causing me trouble. I am pretty sure I have the problem in hand. I will come up for air pretty quick if I cannot get done. I think we are about to get out of the woods on this job. I can't give you all the credit but you were part of me getting an education. I wish that we had been more successful. about 4 years ago I asked for the location of the fuel filter on my Kia Rio. Upshot of this story is there is no filter on a Rio of that vintage! there is only a foam screen like a sock over the intake on the fuel pump but there is not filter on a Rio. Maybe a Spectra (04). So though I am not like put out sight un seen it makes it difficult for you guys to really solve difficult challenges. The information age should be better but such is life. Carry on and keep plugging. Though I have no attaboy I am not completely without possitives. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I would not fail to request you again. We will see about this in the future I think you are good to work with. Thanks and have a great day.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The question remains open as long as you need me on this topic, post back if that is the case. Im here most every day. Thank you as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron what is the amperage value of the fuseable link on the top end of the starter that runs back to the alternator. Wire cover is green or dark green and is like 14 gauge.And where is the inside fuse compartment located since it is not on the the cover on the lower left of the steering wheel right above the hood release?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If its a 14 gauge fuse link then it should be 30 AMPS. All the fuse in your 2008 are located in the TIPM (under hood fuse panel) located on the drivers side of the engine compartment. See the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/TIPM%20Jun%2017.pdf