George H.
George H., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Chrysler Town and Country: I have a 2005 Chrysler Town and

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country minivan. The volume of air the Heating/A/C fan pushes out is substantially less than it used to be and getting worse. I've checked the interior air filter and that seems good. Do these blower fans just wear out over time. I had the same thing happen to two Chevrolet Cavaliers that I used to own, but never fixed it. But my friends with Toyotas with 150K miles on their vehicles don't seem to have this problem.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,
There are several possibilities for reduced flow, the blower cage could be full of debris, pulling the motor down would let you check this
While the motor is out you can check the face of the evaporator core and vacuum any matted hair or other debris blocking airflow.
With the motor out you can check the condition of the electrical connectors to the motor and the blower resistor. Any burning or melting will reduce the current to the motor.
Last you are correct that the motors do fail over time so that might be the cause but all the above should be checked first.
Please let me know how i can help you with your questions
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks ... do you happen to have any diagrams that can point me to how I can drop the fan?
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.
Sure, it is tight but it does come out using the procedure linked below. Copy and paste the link into a new browser tab and let me know if you have further questions
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26725849/blow.pdf
Once you get it out a mirror and a good flashlight will let you see the face of the core to see if you need to run a hose up there taped to a shop vac.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks ... I'll try the link when I get home.
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.
Great, please let me know how I can help
Thank you