sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Town and country: I have a 2003 Chrysler town and country ,

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Chrysler town and country , the rack and pinion was just replaced and now my cruse control wont work, the light comes on the dash but it wont set speed
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Unless something abnormal was done when replacing the rack nothing related to cruise should have been disturbed. One possibility would be that the steering wheel was turned far enough without the intermittent shaft attached and the clockspring broke, but then the horn wouldn't work and the airbag light would be on.
It's possible you could have a vacuum issue, the cruise servo could be unplugged, or there could be a seemingly unrelated issue. Cam or crank sensor issues, MAP sensor, throttle position sensor, and trans related codes being set will prevent cruise from working.
The first step in diagnosing the problem is to check for fault codes. Do you know if any codes are setting?