Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited: I took my 2003 PT into the shop

Customer Question

I took my 2003 PT into the shop because it was making a clicking sound. I thought it was a wheel bearing, but when I talked to the mechanic,he said I had NO oil in it. I had had problems with a short in the oil light before and replaced it. When it started coming on again after about six months, I thought it was doing that again, as I would check the oil and it was ok. I drove several days with it clicking, and then drove about 25 mi. To the guy who fixes it. Could it have run that long. I can't believe I ran out of oil. I even pit a quart of oil in it a day or two to make sure before I took it to the shop. I checked the dipstick and it was good.
my PT has 120,000 on it and. Haven't had many problems.
I had really loved my car, I hate to think, I did this to her. Confused....
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
This is a strange one...
A couple questions before I can have an answer...
1 - How many miles ago was the last oil change?
2 - Is it possible that when you checked the oil using the dipstick that you could have pulled the wrong dipstick? We need to verify this first before we can continue...
Keep me posted ...
Thank you,
Robert