sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Town & Country Limited: My 2008 town country third

Customer Question

My 2008 town country third row power seat can not open. How can I get it fix?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have an electrical issue or it could be mechanical. The problem could be the module, switch, wiring or the recliner motors, or you may have mechanically failed recliner mechanisms. I've seen a handful of stuck recliner mechanisms on these.
Did the left and right sides stop working at exactly the same time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, yes, the left and right sides stop working at exactly the same time. I check online, you guys had an answer to this is to update software using something called: ScanMobel, I am thinking of your help to give it a try, if not very expensive.
Can you try a battery disconnect and see if anything changes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I disconnect the battery for a moment, then connected again, I then tried to open the seats, no luck, problem as before.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another problem of my My 2008 town & country is that auto lock does not work. The auto lock is supposed to lock the doors after running on road for certain seconds, but it looks the system worked hard (you hear click sounds repeatedly from the 2nd row doors), but fail to lock it, as a result, all 4 side doors cannot be locked. I checked the door rails, no obstacles found.
Do you have access to a scan tool that can communicate with the stow and go module?
The power locks don't work on any of the doors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean ScanMoble? anyway I do not have access to any scan tool.No, the power locks don't work on any of the doors, but remote control lock all the doors, it's not working when the car runs on road. I found some time it locks (all the button went down), but unlocked quickly, i.e. button went up and stays up.
Does any door ever not lock or unlock but the others do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all the doors does not lock. 3rd row power seat stuck recliner mechanisms problem is still there, if hard to find problem, is it possible to open it manually?
A scan tool is going to need to be used to diagnose both issues, disassebmly of the rear seats will likely be necessary for diagnosis and repair. The lock issue sounds as if it may be a stuck lock switch. The seat issue could be failed recliner mechanisms, the reliner motors, a module, switch or wiring issue. The capability to look at seat data is really going to be necessary, otherwise the seat will need to be disassembled to get to the motors and test them for power and ground.
There isn't a manual way to move the seat aside from disassembling it, moving it to where you want it and reassembling it.