sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler: I have a 99 plymouth voyager and I can not get the

Customer Question

I have a 99 plymouth voyager and I can not get the shield which covers the wiper motor to unloosen even though I have taken out the three bolts holding. I have gotten the motor loose from the asssembly but i can not reach it to dissengage electronics because I can not get the cover which protects the motor off
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I'm assuming you're attempting to remove the wiper cowl.
The first step in removing the cowl is removing the wiper arms.
Once the arms are removed you'll need to remove the five T-20 Torx screws. There are two at each end and three in the center area.
At each end just under the windshield you will see two fasteners that have a Philips head. These are hooks that go under the windshield area and will need to turn a quarter turn.
Once the hood is opened then you will see thin stamped steel nuts that hold the front of the cowl to the wiper bucket. Remove these and then the cowl can be removed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You assumed incorrectly. However your response has to how to take off the call was spot on. I had already done that. I was specifically talking about the cover piece is directly over the wiper motor. I figure it out how to loosen the entire assembly in order to pull the wiper motor out.
There isn't a cover on the motor itself. Can you upload a picture of what you're referring to?