sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2010 town & country limited, not getting any sound

Customer Question

I have a 2010 town & country limited, not getting any sound out of any speakers, the nav. works, radio turns on clock works, but no sound
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the radio does work but there is no sound then odds are you have an amplifier issue. Signal leaves the radio and goes to the amp which then amplifies it and sends it to the speakers. It's possible that the radio could be the issue but the amp is more likely.
The amp receives power from the IOD fuse along with the radio so you know that the fuse is ok. What would need to be done is use a scan tool to ensure the amp isn't communicating. If not then it's power, ground and communication bus voltages would need to be verified. If all are good then the amp can be condemned.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is the amp located in the vehicle
It's behind the left rear quarter trim panel, above the left rear tire area and under the window area. The quarter trim would need to be removed to access it.