MoparHeat
MoparHeat, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Technician, 8+ years with Chrysler, ASE Certified Automotive Technician
67978266

Chrysler Sebring: My AC Blower will not work. Did the electrical

Customer Question

My AC Blower will not work. Did the electrical tester on Motor shows it has power but the connection that comes from the AC Control Unit does not show any power. DO I need to replace the Control Unit and If I do what codes or Diagnostics would it need
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your inquiry. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you...
When checking for power at the blower motor connector did you jump across the connector to verify that the ground is working properly also? Normally with a test light jumped across the connector will help verify that both the power and ground circuits are working.
Please let me know and we can go from there. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a mechanic Friend do this for me. I think he did check that also
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.
If you have power and ground at the blower motor then it is almost always a result of the blower motor itself has gone bad. The power side is a direct feed from the fuse box to the blower and doesn't go through the control head. To better test or ensure that the control head and resistor block is working properly is to Ohm test the ground circuit. With the blower connector disconnected touch one lead from the Ohm tester to the ground side of the connector and touch the other lead to the body or chassis ground. With the tester set to Ohms turn the blower speed control knob. The Ohm readings should change while adjusting the fan speed. If so then the blower motor itself is bad and will need to be replaced. If it doesn't change readings or doesn't show a reading at all then it will most likely be the blower motor resistor not controlling the ground side.
Normally if power and ground is ok at the blower motor connector there isn't a problem with the control head or resistor. This will most likely be the blower motor itself but I always Ohm test the ground side to ensure it is operating correctly. Please let me know what you find and if you need more help or information. Thank you!
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Just checking in to see if you have an update on this situation or if you need more help or information.
Please let me know. Thank you!