Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

2005 crysler town & country minivan check engine light is

Customer Question

2005 crysler town & country minivan check engine light is staying on. battery (bought a new one) is loosing power, we bought new alternator and replaced it, started van and the air conditioner started blowing really hard and cool like it did when we first got it and I noticed the power brakes were working better also, but before I drove 2 miles down the road the air began blowing slower. I made it back home and the battery light hasn't come on yet but the battery is dropping in power. what can the problem be?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am pissed off. I agreed to pay $16.00 to get my question answered and gave my credit card info but then it wants to charge me for a membership monthly of $16.00 and I don't agree to do that. I have one question and want the answer but I don't want a membership. Guess this is just another rip-off site. I will report this to my bank and to the authorities. If this isn't meant to be a rip off then you should have your site better structured because this is so wrong. I don't want your service under this conditions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I just spoke to your customer service representative by name of Samantha, she was most helpful and very easy to understand. She explained to me that the membership is optional and I will only be billed the one time fee of $16.00 for the answer to my question on this site. I am satisfied to continue with this process under that understanding. She is sending me an E-mail stating that one time fee & agreement. I will be waiting for that answer now. I do think you should fix your site...she said there was a button that allowed to opt out but I didn't find anything but a cancel and I had to cancel my request. More explanation is needed on your site for membership. I will be waiting for my answer.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
First, sorry about those issues with the site, but us experts are independent of the site and have no control over how they set it up.
Ok, first, let's check for any fault codes. Within 5 seconds, turn the ignition on-off-on-off-on, leaving it in the on position(position just before cranking). Now look at the odometer and any fault codes will readout there as Pxxxx codes - example - P0420.
Do this and let me know the codes.
Also, you will likely need a voltmeter for some testing