Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Engine light came on last week. did the key dance. had to

Customer Question

engine light came on last week. did the key dance. had to replace cam shaft sensor. light went out . drove it a week and now the engine light came on again. pppplease help
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The check engine light come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing the first thing you going to need to do is have the computer scanned and the fault code retrieved. Most part stores will run this scan for you at no charge. If you can get the fault code and or codes and post back with the results I can direct you in the correct repair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi I know all of that. we did the dancing key the first code came up saying the cam shaft sensir was bad, replaced it the was fine for about 30 miles then the engine light came on again. tried the key trick again. no code came up and said done. I bougt a mopar part this time, because they say pt cruisers don't like after market parts. haven't installed it yet. cant understand if the engine light is on why cant I pull up a code

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
I would agree, after market parts do not perform well on the PT, give it a try and post back if it does not work out and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

u didn't answer my question about why the engine light is on. but no code is coming up. I still haven't put the new sensor on.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If the check engine light is on then its setting a fault code and the only way to know what the fault codes is, you will need to retrieve it with a scan tool. If you do not have a scanner , then most parts stores will run a code scan for you at no charge. Get me the code and I can direct you from there.