Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Asked yesterday about 1999 Chrysler Sebring JXI 2.5 , cranks

Customer Question

asked yesterday about 1999 Chrysler Sebring JXI 2.5 , cranks but wont start, doesn't get spark, no voltage to crank sensor or to distributor. Also has a burnt electrical smell in car. Everything else in car works, but wont start.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Start by checking for a 5 volt reference to the TPS and MAP sensor with the key on. If there is no reference voltage to these sensors with the key on, then we need to check all inputs to the PCM with the key on. This includes all powers from all fuses, ignition switch and even fusible links (if equipped).
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have checked all fuses inside and outside, all good, relays all good, but smell burnt electrical inside vehicle, but everything else inside works with key , only problem car wont start,
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
So what about the reference voltage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is none
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then the computer is not awake. This is why the vehicle will not start.
Your next step would be to check all powers and grounds going into the PCM with the key on. If all checks out good, then the PCM is bad and will need to be replaced.
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you were able to make any progress on the vehicle?
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
ItsCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Please let me know!
Customer