Mrchippeway
Mrchippeway, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler,jeep,dodge tech for 4 years, overall 8 years in automotive and 1 year heavyduty
66273772

Chrysler Twn & Ctry: - Really glad you're here!I

Customer Question

Hi- Really glad you're here!
I have 3 codes from an '01 Chrys Twn& Cntry: P0420, PO134, P0135 - Thank you
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mrchippeway replied 1 year ago.
i am a chrysler trained technician that is currently still working with chrysler and keeping up to date on new products and training.
First thing remove your negative battery cable for 10 -15 mins so it can clear the codes from the computers memory! Then drive the vehicle and when and if the engine light comes back on then check to see what one it is out of the 3 noted then you will know the first cause if the issue and a proper diagnosis can be done on that code. Let me know what code returns. Thank you talk to you later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply-There are no malfunction lights showing on the dash at all; all the other dash icons do work.
These codes are what came back from the epa smog test, so wouldn't be able to tell from reading a 'check engine' light etc. bc it has never light up.
The engine light should have come on at one time for these codes, they are all O2 sensor related, if the engine light is off now then the codes cleared its self after a specified number of good trips with out the sensor acting up! If you clear the codes by doing a battery disconnect then your good if they come back then the O2 sensor will have to be changed! It is the sensor on the back of the exhaust closest to the fire wall! But changing it will keep those codes from returning if they are active codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok- No engine malfunction lights have ever lit up and stayed illuminated, but will try the battery disconnect.
Let me know if the light stays out.