Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chrysler PT Cruiser GT: Don, I have a 2004 PT Cruiser GT

Customer Question

Hi Don, I have a 2004 PT Cruiser GT Turbo with the airbag light. My scanner comes up with a P1200 Driver output 1 (active) and P1200 Driver output 1 (stored). I believe it's a bad airbag control module. Would this be correct and is there anything else to search for?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. You are correct, this means the airbag control module has failed. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij0m5i5ic1hjyot/absmr.pdf?dl=0
-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! ***** bought a scanner. :) Is there anything else that I could possibly need to check if that does not resolve the issue and I get the same code?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
You can check connection on airbag module, that is the only thing to check before replacing. Let me know how it turns out or if you run into more questions. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know if there is a part number for the module or one that interchanges? I have 04671 776AF written on the top of mine. Just looked at it and checked the connectors. It's got BOSCH as a manufacturer and and a Chrysler SN of TMD181334133 and a supplier code of 19224AE followed by 0 285 001 505. On the top of it it also says PT44 HI DOM.Thanks!
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####F is your part number and as long as part you buy has the "4671776" which is module that has side airbags you will be ok. Let me know how it goes, thanks.