Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Chrysler Sebring LX (Coupe): Have a 03 sebring and ac works

Customer Question

Have a 03 sebring and ac works then gets hot and will start and stop and it cools and works again
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.Check and see if your cooling fans are working.Also I need to know the low and high side pressures on the a/c system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the cooling fans are working when compressor comes on. low side 25 psi high side starts at 250 and drops to 175 compressor kicks off and will restart after a couple mins. AC works fine when cold after heats up compressor starts to kick on and off

Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Different expert here. We need to determine whether the cause of the compressor kicking on and off is due to too much discharge side pressure/temperature, too low suction side or too low evaporator temperature.Locate and disconnect the dual pressure switch on the receiver dryer, then jumper the two wires (Green/Black and green/Red) together. Start the engine and turn A/C on. If compressor no longer cycles off and on, replace dual pressure switch. Go to next step if it still does.Locate and disconnect evaporator temperature sensor (round sensor on the housing over the evap core under the dash to the left of the blower housing - might have to lower glove box to gain access to connector). Jumper the two wires (Yellow/Black and Orange) together. Start the engine and turn A/C on. If compressor no longer cycles off and on, replace the evap temperature sensor. Kindly accept and rate my answer now if you think the information I've provided has helped you solve your issue. Otherwise, please reply. Best Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

discharged and vacuumed the system and held for 30 mins that was all good. Wanted to put oil in the system and charged. So far so good it has been running good for about 5 hours now. If goes back to doing the same thing will do pressure switch and then check the evaporator sensor and let you know what happens.

I'll be here if you need me. Stay cool ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

LOL Thank you !! So far so good !!!!!

Thank you for using our site.
Best Regards.