Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

Chrysler Pt cruiser: I have a 2002 touring cruiser and it is

Customer Question

I have a 2002 touring cruiser and it is over heated. If I drive it more than 20 min the thermostat goes in the red, coolant sprays all over the place? What should I do? Where should I go?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
Do you plan to repair it yourself or have it towed to a shop?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you think it going on? I'd like to have an idea before it hits the shop. Also, cruiser mechanics in Los Angeles area that can be trusted???
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
It could be just that the thermostat is sticking closed but it is always good to do the block test on it to be sure that the head gasket is ok.
.
The first thing that they will want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Also see how the coolant is circulating.
.
A good shop for that type or work in LA is Hobart auto center, located at Hollywood radiator and I'm sure they will give you an assessment of it as well as an estimate before any repairs are made.
.
Here is a link to their website with the address and some more about the company.
.
http://www.hobartautocenter.com/
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks and come again, anytime.
.