Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chrysler RAM 3500: I HAVE A 1000 RAM 3500 DIESEL THAT WON'T

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1000 RAM 3500 DIESEL THAT WON'T START. i VERIFIED THE LIFT PUMP IS OK THE FUEL FILTER IS FULL AND LIFT PUMP RUNS FOR A WHILE AFTER CRANKING. iT HAS CODES p1688,p1689, AND p0232. i VERIFIED POWER TO INJECTION PUMP - ok. AFTER CRANKING FOR A WHILE AS SOON AS YOU LET GO OF THE KEY, IT HITS A COUPLE OF TIMES LIKE IT WANTS TO START? HOW DO i VERIFY THE INJECTOR PUMP AS THEY ARE EXPENSIVE!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
You check the injector pump by cranking and monitoring desired and actual fuel pressure readings. The filter full and the pump running are not accurate conclusions that the lift pump is pushing adequate enough fuel. Have you done the diag steps for these codes or do you need those?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris