Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring: Clunking sound from rear end on

Customer Question

Clunking sound from rear end on passanger side from rear end axle
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its like everytime go over a bump 0-50mph it stoppes after 55mph I checked for a possible broken shock it tight under there could it be in the axle itself or what
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what could the price possible be if your answer could be right I live blasdell NY 14219
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In most cases the type of clunking you are describing can be cause by worn bushing in the rear suspension , I would start with getting it up in the air and inspect all the rubber bushing on the rear suspension. I have enclosed a link to where there located. Have them all checked. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Rear%20suspension%20Jun%208.pdf