Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

What would cause the cruise control to release after being

Customer Question

What would cause the cruise control to release after being set? It will hole the speed for two or three minutes and then releases and starts to slow down. Resuming the set speed does not work to reset the speed either.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The most common cause is a failing speed control servo which is vacuum actuated and controlled by the PCM (engine computer).The servo can leak out vacuum, or fail/act up internally causing this issue here.Check and make sure there are not vacuum leaks leading to the speed control servo.If this is all o.k. I suspect it will need replaced.
Thanks Pete