sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler 300: I have a chystel 300 yr 2000 and it won't start

Customer Question

I have a chystel 300 yr 2000 and it won't start battery is good
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are many things that will cause a no start condition. I'm assuming that the starter doesn't engage.
If you hear a single click from the engine compartment the most likely cause would be the starter itself but it could be a cable or connection issue.
If you get a rapid clicking the most likely cause would be the battery or a cable/connection issue.
If you get no noise at all then the problem could be related to the transmission range sensor, the starter relay, a blown fuse, or the powertrain control module could be down. If the PCM is down it could be due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground to it. If the PCM is down you'll also note the fuel pump doesn't run when the key is first turned on and it won't communicate with a can tool.