Max Kenney
Max Kenney, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  33 years with Chrysler Corp. as a service engineer & technical instructor. ASE Master Auto Tech.
23860428

Chrysler 1992 LeBaron convertible: My brother is a chrysler

Customer Question

My brother is a chrysler master mechanic w/o a computer and I am trying to help him fix my 1992 LeBaron, however the security system is shorting our half the dash what is with that... can it be by-passed altogether as I am only going to use the car sporadically in good weather.... I parked it there in 2007 because the turn signal quit and I couldnt get an inspection sticker.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can one of you call him at his garage(###) ###-#### ***** text him.... He thinks this is a scam for me having to pay... thank-you
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** will do my best to help you on this concern.
Unfortunately, since your brother is a Chrysler Master Mechanic. He would have access to the same information that we have access to. Many experts including me work at dealerships and have access to factory service info which is the same info that your brother has access to.
The only problem is that on vehicles older that 1996, electronic service information is very spotty, older than 1994 is pretty much nonexistant.
Something such as this concern is best diagnosed when in front of the vehicle. Doing this type of diagnostic via internet or text is quite hard...
Please know that this service is not a scan as under many instances we can successfully help customers solve their problems.
Here are a couple screen shots from the service info that I have access to on an 92 LeBaron. Basically, service bulletins, Basic Service Info and Collision info, Note that Wiring Diagrams and Diagnostic info is greyed out so no available info....

Unfortunately, we cannot call him at this time but is is fairly easy for you to save this communication and email it to him....
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert
PS, if you would rather have a refund, let me know, I'll submit a refund request for you if you like...
Thank you,
Robert
Expert:  Max Kenney replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I know how to fix this problem.
You car has a factory alarm and is made by Code-Alarm Co.
The alarm CAN be disconnected from the system.
The alarm box is under the dash in the middle where the center speaker would be, it;s not very big and it is black in color.
It has to be unplugged with the engine RUNNING!!!!!
So, while the engine is running at idle, reach up there and up plug the connector on the side of the box.
Now, turn off the engine and attempt to restart it.
If it restarts, the alarm is disconnected permanently!
If the engine will not restart, plug the connected back in to the box and attempt to start the engine.
Let me know how you make out.
Max