sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Grand Voyager SE: I have a brand new battery in my

Customer Question

I have a brand new battery in my grand voyager I have to put it on charge every evening. When I drive the car charges fine its when it overnights then tomorrow morning car will not start
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
do you have a battery load tester?
or any way of testing the voltage of the battery/charging system?
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave you more info now you take for ever to reply thanks Lindsay
What I paid for and what you told me I know already .I need an answer. My battery is less than six months old and its my second in nine months. just guide me please I need to solve my problem not spend money but to resolve the problem I have been pulling iod fuses for the past six months help
Hi
please stand by..i will opt out and get you the help you need,
someone will be right with you
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
What will need to be done is a proper ignition off draw test. The problem may be intermittent to a degree which would explain why the shops have not been able to find the problem. Testing has to be done at the time the problem is happening. What will need to be done is set up an ammeter across a disconnected battery cable and post, verify the draw is present and then remove fuses one at a time to see when the draw drops.
The problem could be a light staying on or coming on by itself while the van sits. It could also be a module that is staying awake and drawing current, staying awake will keep the communication bus awake and in turn keep other modules awake. It can also be a failure in the alternator.
One of the most common issues I saw with these was an internal failure in the body control module causing lights to come on and door locks to cycle while the van sits.