Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited: My 2001 PT Cruiser has a major

Customer Question

My 2001 PT Cruiser has a major problem after having some major repairs done at America's Service Station. All of the warning lights come on, gauges all drop to zero. then they go off and gauges come back up.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Since the computer is not setting any fault codes you may have a failing instrument cluster but before you do anything else try doing a system reboot. To do the reboot, remove both battery cables and touch them together for 15-20 seconds. This will reboot all the vehicle modules. Recheck the operation. If all is working normally no further action is needed. If the problem returns then suspect a failing cluster but before you consider replacing it I would advise you have a Chrysler dealer check it as they are much more familiar with the test steps and diagnosis steps.