Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler PT Cruiser GT: ChrisI have a 2003 turbo PT cruiser,

Customer Question

Hi Chris
I have a 2003 turbo PT cruiser, with 72,000 miles on it. Over the past two months the engine whistled something fierce, once it warmed up. In the beginning I was only getting the 0304 code, and I assumed that it was an intake gasket problem and was waiting until I had the time, and resources, to get it fixed. However the whistling has stopped but the engine is idling pretty rough. I now get both 0300 and 0304 codes.
While looking around under the hood I found a hose, which is supposed to go to the pcv, just hanging under the air filter. I get suction from it so I'm assuming the pcv is ok, but is that hose just supposed to hang down like that? And could that affect the idle at all?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have suction on the hose then it should be hooked up, with it sucking and being disconnected it will cause a rough idle and also like cause the misfire codes your getting. Take a look at the factory vacuum diagram enclosed in the link below and see if you can determine where it should be connected.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Vaccum%20diagram%20Jun%205.pdf