Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler T&C: I have a 1998 T&C van.It starts and then

Customer Question

I have a 1998 T&C van.
It starts and then immediately cuts off.
After a few time trying to crank it,
it won't try to start at all.
HELP
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. During problem do the gauges work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried pressing down the gas pedal while starting to see if that helps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to make a phone call right now but I'm happy to continue on this thread.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. WHEN I TURN THE KEY TO START THE CAR IT DOES NOTHING. I HAD THIS
ROVING MECHANIC PUT A WIRE IN THE STARTER RELAY. I CAN SWITCH THE CAR ON. TOUCH THE WIRE TO THE BATTERY AND THE CAR WILL START. DOES THIS TELL YOU ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP YOU TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH HTE CAR?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Remove starter relay and check pin 30 for battery voltage 86 should have power while trying to start and 85 should have ground while trying to start. Let me know which one is missing, thanks.