Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler PT Cruiser: . i have an issue with my 2008 pt cruiser

Customer Question

hi. i have an issue with my 2008 pt cruiser gas pedal. nothing happens when i push the gas. it trys to stall. idles ok. but won't get any gas when i push the pedal. was driving 15 mph when it started not working.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was idling a bit rough. but it does idle. nothing happens when i push the gas pedal, accept it will kinda try to increase in rpm, but rpm does not increase. trys, but then nothing happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was at an intersection and got up to 15 mph, then acted like out of gas. but i have almost a full tank. idled, coasted in neutral to a stop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
The problem you are describing sound like you may have a fuel pressure problem, the place to start is to install a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. Normal fuel pressure on your 2008 need to be right at 58 PSI plus or minus 5 PSI. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.