Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

2007 town and country will not start. it doesn't read the right

Customer Question

2007 town and country will not start. it doesn't read the right gear on steering wheel. won't go to park to start.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!
My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. ***NOTE*** This is not a FREE site, the deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.
It sounds like your range sensor is bad. Have you popped off the shifter linkage at the transmission and see if you can get the shifter to show park?
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brad,
I think that is what my husband said. The mechanic took 3 weeks to see it, yeah? But when Ron talked to him at the shop, the mechanic said it was this(something else), and Ron(husband) said it might be this (another thing) most likely, your thing. It was something to do with the shifter wires. They just needed to put a new one on.
Not sure of this area, as not a mechanic in that part of the car, Dad taught me other stuff but he passed in 1996 and I am almost 60y/o so forget about learning now. But the other guy did his thing and it ended up being what Ron said it was. Mechanic fixed it in 5 days??? and surprisingly it was fixed the way Ron had told him. I guess a good mechanic could have seen it if the mechanic would have looked at what Ron said it was, first. Some one dated the receipt with 3 days earlier. OOPSS! Lack of communication between help and boss. But we got charged for part of that time, anyway.
Ron is a farm equipment mechanic for 40yrs but this had him confused and he doesn't like working on our car as for our safety with driving with others.
Thanks for pointing Ron in that direction. Sorry I didn't write sooner, but have been terribly sick and the drs take their time to find out things, too.
Oh, they said it has to be a new question to get to an area to write a review. Well, how old are you?, married ?, salary?, and that should be enough for another question. LOL If not, you were great in your quick response and your diag. We are back in the van now, but sure wish we had the money for a newer one. I have to deal with Social Security as I am now disabled with back problems and depression. So no money yet. Thanks