Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Chrysler sebring: I have a 2010, sebring convertible the

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2010, sebring convertible the top goes up all the way and I can hear it latch, but I am getting an error saying top not secure and the windows do not finish up the cycle. Is there a sensor or a switch that I can check to clear this up?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The roof system using several micro switches to send signals to the computer on what position the components are in when the top is in operation.If one of these switches/sensors are sending an incorrect signal this fault here occurs.Since there are several of these on this model that can cause this fault here these need checked/tested to locate which one is at fault and then from there the affected sensor/switch replaced to correct this issue here.These are usually checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see which one is sending an incorrect signal.
Thanks Pete