sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring: I just bought a 2007 PT cruiser

Customer Question

I just bought a 2007 PT cruiser for my 85 year old father, The drivers window goes up and down, But it falls forward when going up, I am told it is a front window clip and an easy fix! Is this correct?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The most likely cause for this would be a bro***** *****ft plate. The lift plates are mounted to the glass and then the plates mount to the regulator. If a lift plate breaks free of the glass it will cause what you're seeing.
In most cases it's just a matter of removing the glass and reinstalling the lift plate to it, in some cases the plate needs to be replaced. The labor would be about one hour and if the plate needed to be replaced it would be around $20.