sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Sebring Convertible: My 2004 sebring convertible loses

Customer Question

My 2004 sebring convertible loses fluid through the joint where the black rubber tubes connect to the aluminum 1" diameter tubes. I can't raise the top. I replace the fluid in the fluid holding can but it all leaks out after three or four operations of the convertible top.
Question:
1. How do I obtain the black hoses and aluminum tube in order to replace them?
2. What is this assembly called ?
3. Can I do this work myself? Does the aluminum tube just screw off or is it welded?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds as if you have a leak from one or both cylinders. The black plastic lines run from the pump motor and to the hydraulic cylinders that raise and lower the top. The parts can be ordered from a dealer, online Mopar wholesale parts source, or you may be able to find used.
These parts are extremely expensive so you'd want to be sure before ordering anything. Are you able to upload a picture of where it's leaking?