sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Pacifica Touring: I have a problem with the driver

Customer Question

I have a problem with the driver side rear wheel. I have a 2007 Pacifica and when I put it in reverse it will move, but when I put it in drive will mot move at all.
what can I tell you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You most likely have a broken emergency brake shoe. It isn't uncommon for the shoe material to break free of it's backing plate and then the piece will wedge between the backing plate and the rotor. Usually this will cause the wheel to lock up in one direction or allow small amounts of movement in each direction until the wheel locks. What you'll need to do is remove the rotor and inspect the shoes, I believe you will find one is broken.