Mario
Mario, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Retired Automotive instructor with over 45 years experience as a technician, service manager and teacher.
77311128

Chrysler 300 Touring: My 300 Chrysler didn't pass inspection

Customer Question

My 300 Chrysler didn't pass inspection Three things catalyst, 02 sensor and evaporative system all said not ready. Told to drive car 100 miles and bring back. Will this work
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mario replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this is Mario and I will help you today. The answer to your question (Will it work?) is it might and it might not.By that I mean that in order to set all of the emissions monitors to ready, the car has to be driven under various conditions while the computer tests the various systems. If the computer detects a fault after driving through all of the conditions, it will not set the monitors to "ready".I advise driving it at least 100 miles under various conditions such as start-stop, start from cold, light acceleration, heavy acceleration, steady speeds of 45, 55, and 65) then take it back and have it checked. If there is nothing wrong with any of the systems, the monitors should be ready.To explain this a little further, I have attached the drive cycle information from Chrysler.I hope this information is helpful. If it is, please provide a positive rating, as this is the only way I am compensated for my time and expertise. THANK YOU.