sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited: I have a 2002 pt cruiser I'm working

Customer Question

I have a 2002 pt cruiser I'm working on. The driver door lock unlocks but will not lock. Tried changing out the switch but didn't correct the problem. Lock will lock with the remote. Any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
YOu may have an issue with the keyless entry module or the module may be seeing that the key is in the ignition and is preventing the door from locking.
If the key in switch in the ignition switch was stuck for some reason then the chime would be on with the key out and driver's door open. Does it chime without the key in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope it doesn't. It will only unlock with the button. The key fob works to lock and unlock
The other doors do lock from the lock button on the door, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only to unlock yes but not to lock. I hit the lock/unlock button on the passenger door and everything works as it should. I used a test light to try the plug. When touched it unlocked. I went to the other terminal and it was nothing so I'm assuming it's getting power. Also the switch itself has been replaced and did not solve the problem
If you close the door and lock it twice with the key from outside does it lock all doors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Where did the replacement switch come from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a factory Chrysler switch from the dealer
What resistance to ground do you see on the black wire and what voltage do you see on the white/dark green with the switch unplugged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the vehicle in front of me at the moment I can check it when I'm back at work. What should it be?
Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Let me know what you find!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I didn't respond the owner took his car back until we find a solution. I told him I need it back for further testing and is not able to return until next week
Not a problem.