Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chrysler: I have a 2008 Chrysler town and country limited with

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chrysler town and country limited with the 4.0. When it sits for more then 12 hers it will not start without being put on a charger, it doesn't even have to be boosted just pput on trickle charge for a couple minutes and it pops right off. The stereo and backup camera only work about 10% of the time we've had it to our Chrysler dealer a couple times and they couldn't figure out the probe alt tests good new battery put in last summer, ran perfect all winter now starting to act upagain perfect all winter
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
from the way you explain,i would think that year old battery is bad,it seems to have a dead cell..
you need to load test the battery with the engine not running,then load test the charging system with the engine running,,this will determine if the problem is the battery or the alternator..if you dont have a load tester,auto zone and most parts stores will load test these for free
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.