Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler 300 C SRT8: My electronic throttle control came on

Customer Question

My electronic throttle control came on and my car looses power. The ESP BAS also comes on. While driving on a freeway the engine started running real ruff and when I took my foot of of the petal it died. I put it in neutral and it would start but the minute I put it back in drive it died. I could get it to start but it will not stay running. What do I need to do to fix the problem. Also occasionally I would be driving and the lightning signal would come on for a second and I would loose power but it would go right back off and continue to run fine. This time it did not do that.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The ESP and BSA light come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes, in order to determine what is failing the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned and see what the fault codes are that should be setting. Most major part store such as Auto Zone will run a code scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to get this problem resolved.