Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

Chrysler 300 base: My bluetooth does not work in my 2013 chrysler

Customer Question

My bluetooth does not work in my 2013 chrysler 300 base model vehicle, how do I fix this?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't get the response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want my money back on did not get any response
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delayed response. Stepped away for a bit... I have researched this for you and have found several Service Bulletins that may be related. Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so I can do some VIN specific research for you? I suspect that there may be a software update that may address the bluetooth issue... This is also something that you may be able to do yourself without having to visit the dealer..
Thanks for your patience and understanding as I work with several customers at the same time and because of this it may take a bit to get back to you..
Thanks for your understanding...
Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delayed response earlier, I was away for a bit. I'm happy to help if you still need it...
Let me know if you want to continue with this or if you would rather have a refund....
If you want to continue, I need the last 8 digits of the VIN so I can research this for you...
Thank you,
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The VIN number is *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that was the wrong number the real number is ***** THAT'S the last 8 digits for the VIN number
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Ok, there is a software update for your audio unit that may solve this issue. If the vehicle has less than 36000 miles on the odometer, you can have the dealer perform this update free of charge. If it happens to not solve the problem, the dealer will order a new radio for your vehicle... If the vehicle has over 36000 miles, you can still take it to the dealer but they will charge you to perform the update.
If you have access to a 8GB USB memory stick, you can perform this update yourself. All you need to do is go to the following website and enter your VIN number. The site will take you to the download page and a tutorial to show you how to perform the update. After you download the update and transfer it to the USB device you can plug it to the vehicle and start it, let it idle during the update process. Once complete you will arrive at the update screen again, as long as the version numbers match, the update is complete and you can pull the usb stick and reboot the radio...
Here is the web site---> --Click here to visit--
While I was researching your VIN I noticed you have outstanding Recall P60 for Alternator replacement. I recommend to schedule to have this free recall performed on your vehicle ASAP...
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .
Thank you!
Robert
______________________________________
Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.
Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...
Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for good answers is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did everything that was said to do and nothing worked I do appreciate the help but it didn't work
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
If you successfully updated the radio and it still doesn't work, most likely the audio unit (radio) will need to be replaced...
I have replaced a few radios for bluetooth inop. When you push the phone button the message that the Uconnect is loading remains on the screen and bluetooth doesn't load.. If this is what is happening, I suspect a faulty radio...
______________________________________
Thank you!
Robert