Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

Chrysler 300c: hey jerry I am having some problems with my

Customer Question

hey jerry I am having some problems with my 2005 300c 5.7 hemi overheating and the other day it ran hot now wont crank and when it turns over sounds like a ticking noise in the head I checked the oil didn't see any water and I check the heads to see if any water was leaking and it wasn't so could I have still blown a head gasket or maybe a blown valve just curious im new to these engines thanks
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
It is possible that the head is cracked but if you can actually hear a clicking when cranking over it could also be a cracked piston or wrist pin.
.
….
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks and come again, anytime.
.
.