sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler PT Cruiser: My 06 PT Cruiser had some water damage.

Customer Question

My 06 PT Cruiser had some water damage. It runs, but all the dash lights are constantly on, the wiper blades will not cut off, signal lights do not work, the temperature gauge does not work, etc. So a bunch of electrical problems.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's going to take some in depth electrical testing to see what is going on.
It sounds like at least the CAN B communication bus is down. This is the two wire network that the interior modules communicate on. If the bus is down then it can prevent gauges from working, lighting requests can be sent, the lights and wipers will come on for safety.
The bus being down could be a wiring issue or an internal failure in any module. Odds are the problem is a failure in at least one module do to water ingestion.