Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Chrysler Town & Country LX: When pulling a trailer with

Customer Question

When pulling a trailer with a Town and Country, do I need a stabelizer hitch or an equalizer hitch?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. how big is this trailer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2800 dry weight

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then yes it would be a good idea to use a load leveling/equalizer style hitch. The van will be easier to handle and safer to drive. Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does this add to the GMW and/or tongue weight? When I bought the camper, the sellers (and my research) and my auto guy said the van could handle this camper..... now the weight seems to be adding up.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
It will add a little, but you should still be okay and within the limits of the van.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you!
Chris