Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited: I took my wife's pt cruise in

Customer Question

I took my wife's pt cruise in to have them figure out why there is no current getting to the compressor. They said it was the fan module and the low pressure switch. Is the fan module a switch or relay or is it the actual fan.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Kevin I think they may be guessing if system has gas. Then it's more likely the low pressure switch the fans wont stop it running it will just cut out after 10 minutes or so. If the low pressure switch fails it will tell control unit the is low refrigerant pressure and it will think there is no gas and won't engage clutch on compressor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I had the new compressor installed they were not able to charge it because they could not get the compressor clutch to engage. So the compressor is not charged.
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
Are they using air con machine to evacuate and regas or are they putting gas from can in