sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler sebring conv.: conv. top started to open then stopped.closed

Customer Question

conv. top started to open then stopped.closed back down then it would not move also had to open trunk w/kew. readout says conv. top in opreration.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why don"t I get an answer when I tell you to unsubscribe me
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem could be mechanical or electrical. If the top, tonneau and trunk lid are fully closed then odds are the problem is electrical. If one of these isn't fully closed then you may have physical damage, a failed latch, tonneau motor, etc.
It sounds as if everything is closed but the power top control module still thinks that the closing process is not complete. If it thinks the process is not complete when it actually is then you most likely have a micro switch issue, but it could be wiring or the module itself. There are microswitches that monitor the position of each component and if one isn't in the correct state then it will suspend operation.
The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes are set in the PTCM and go from there.