MoparHeat
MoparHeat, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Technician, 8+ years with Chrysler, ASE Certified Automotive Technician
67978266

Chrysler: My Instrument panel cluster went out in my 2005 chrysler

Customer Question

My Instrument panel cluster went out in my 2005 chrysler 300. i took it to the dealership and they charged me $900. to fix it. My odometer reading was approximately 96,000mi but when i got it back from dealer it read 155, 201 and they told me that they had to get the mileage from the PCM. Help!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** a 16 Yr Chrysler dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...
If your original mileage was 96,000 on the odometer the dealership should have ordered a cluster with 96,000 programmed into it... If it says 155,201 you will need to have it replaced again with the correct mileage::
Brad
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your inquiry. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you...

Either the cluster is showing the mileage in kilometers or they read the mileage as kilometers and entered it in as mileage.

155,201 kilometers = 96437.4 miles

Trip Functions
Press and release the MENU button until one of the Trip Functions is displayed in the EVIC. Use the SCROLL buttons to cycle through all the Trip
Computer functions. The Trip functions display MPG, DTE, Trip A, Trip B, Elapsed time, and Display units of measure in...

Once you find the units of measure change to miles if set in KM. If it is set in mileage then the dealership input the wrong mileage and should have to resolve the issue. Otherwise changing the setting to miles will resolve your concern.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you need further help or information. Thank you!