Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

Chrysler Town and Country: changed ac compressor, accumlator,

Customer Question

changed ac compressor, accumlator, expansion valve, evacuated system, holding a vaccum. trying to load freon in, only took 4 ounces, located low pressure switch, jumped across two of the points, only can get the compressor to kick in for a second a time of two, then just can't get it to do it again. check fuse and relay. Testing with test light at wires at low pressure switch, I can't get any power their, if I touch the red line wire it shuts engine off. anyway to bypass this for a moment
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello Keith,
With your vehicle, if you want to manually engage the a/c clutch it is best to use a jumper wire, remove the a/c clutch relay from the PDC next to the battery and with the jumper wire connect terminals 30 and 87 of the A/C clutch relay connector. This will engage the Compressor.
Jumping the wires at the Pressure Sensor will NOT engage the clutch and if you short out the 5v supply wire, it WILL kill the engine. This kills the 5v output to all sensors for the PCM and causes the engine to stall.
Here is the wiring diagram for the a/c clutch so you can tell what I am referring to....

______________________________________
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer!
Thank you!
Robert