Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

Ricardo I'm Jay, I recently replaced a solenoid pack on

Customer Question

Hi ricardo I'm Jay, I recently replaced a solenoid pack on my 05 dakota now it won't crank.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. What was wrong with the old solenoid pack? Is the correct gear position being displayed (P or N) when you are trying to start it?
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Did you replace the unit as shown in the link below?Click Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for responding ! The solenoid pack replacement was recommended by a certified mechanic and yes the picture in the link you showed me is what I installed.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried starting it and Park and Neutral?Has it been scanned for codes yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes I tried to to start it in park and neutral.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Is the shift indicator displaying the correct gear position? Is there a "red dot" illuminated on the cluster when trying to start it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I'm not seeing the shift indicator or a red dot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just have the shift in the park position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been scanned for codes 0714, 2706, and P0750
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correction that's P0714, P270,and P0750
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry P2706
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
If the indicator is not displaying the gear position, that is the likely reason for not cranking....[;)Are these codes retrieved after replacement of the Solenoid Pack or before? In the mean time, I'll research the codes for you... Keep me posted... Thank you, Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before , I'm trying to figure if the wire harness to the solenoid did not connect properly or if the gear was not in the right position when I installed the solenoid pack.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
If you are able to obtain all gear positions, most likely it is installed properly but chances are high that the connection did not connect properly...Are these new codes after replacement of the Solenoid Pack?
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it's from the 1st diagnostic . It has not been scanned since.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
At this time, I HIGHLY recommend a scan again if you can't get it started after checking the connections to the solenoid pack. Also check all fuses and that the Transmisison Relay is functioning.
The codes you posted could all relate to a faulty solenoid pack but they could also point to faulty wiring..
At this time, after verifying the connections, make sure to check the transmission harness all the way up to the PCM. You may have an area that has been rubbed through or melted due to heat from the exhaust...
Check all these carefully and let me know what you find....
Let me know if you need additional info or diagnostic procedures...
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Robert, I'll get on that .
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Cool, Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
______________________________________
Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.
Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...
Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for good answers is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.
If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark My Profile Page(Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it
If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.
If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...
If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert